The Six Healing Sounds or Liu Zi Jue (六字訣) is one of the common forms of Chinese qigong, and involves the coordination of movement and breathing patterns with specific sounds.
- 噓 xū - 'deep sigh' or 'hiss' - Level the Liver Qi
- 呵 hē - 'yawn' or 'laughing sound' - Supplement the Heart Qi
- 呼 hū - 'to sigh,' 'to exhale,' or 'to call' - Cultivate the Spleen/Pancreas Qi
- 呬 sī - 'to rest' - Supplement the Lung Qi
- 吹 chuī - 'to blow out,' 'to blast,' or 'to puff' - Supplement the Kidney Qi
- 嘻 xī - 'mirthful' - Regulate the Triple Burner Qi